18 April 2011

Tenergy 64 Review

Info from Butterfly
Price : RM200
Speed: 135
Spin: 105
Hardness: 36°
TENERGY 64 is the fast attacking rubber of the TENERGY family; the No.64 being the development code of the pimples used in producing this reversed rubber. BUTTERFLY High Tension technology has enabled a fast dynamic rubber to be produced by utilizing the innovative SPRING SPONGE.

SPRING SPONGE enables a player to “grip” the ball and “catapult” the return back at high speed and with heavy spin.

TENERGY 05 is recommended for playing close to the table; TENERGY 64 is for the attacker who plays for the offensive play in a middle distance.
User Comments :-
Well i finnaly played with the buterfly tenergy 64 rubber and i must say it is faster then the 05 and it is a very good rubber for mid distance players indeed. It is a softer sponge then the 05 but stil not really really soft.
If you play close to the table it is very easy to block with but because of the speed it is less easy to hit with,Opening and looping is good near the table but make sure you go for the ball, i found that near the table you can generate more spin with the 05 and further away with the 64 but still it was a lot more spin with the 64 near the table then with other rubbers,controll was ok to very good.


I think butterfly is right, it depends on your style in wich you have to choose.
the 64 is for furter away our if you have small strokes for looping at the table. and the 05 is made pure for at the table because it gives you some more time to react.ofcourse if you are a very fast player who can handle the speed with good technique the 64 is playable near the table to .

Excellent rubber. I used Tenergy 05 on my backhand, but the Throw Angle was to high for me, so I choose Bryce Speed FX. The rubber wasn't able to do high arc loops. So I decide to take the Tenergy 64. Slightly faster than 05, same control, slightly softer feel but lower Throw Angle. Now my loops are the best, on second distance play I have fully control of my rubber and blade. Short-game it's amazing too, if you think Tenergy 05 Throw Angle is to high, go for Tenergy 64, it helps a lot for getting a better backhand loop.

I'm rated about 1600 and I am mostly an offensive player. This rubber was completely differnt from other rubbers I have tried. Most rubbers I've tried feel only slightly different from one another. This rubber was a complete change, taking me about 2-3 weeks of practice to feel at home with it (very fast with good control). However, after working with it it has improve my overall game and it would take alot to try and make me swicth to any other rubber. Great for serving, blocking, looping close and off the table and my smash is awesome now. Not so good for off table chopping.

Tenergy 64 is, in my oppinion, one of the best rubbers that has been produced as "replacement" for speed glue. The feel and sound is almost as good as a freshly glued rubber. The sponge is pretty hard, but it feels softer due to a very flexible topsheet. Tenergy 64 is a rubber for looping. It's not the best for smashing and blocking, but it's amazing for looping! You can produce heaps of spin if you want it, or you can go for speed and close the angle a bit more. The only downside with this rubber, for me, is the short game. It's a bit to bouncy, and I don't feel like I have full control. But you can get used to it, and after some hours of practice it was almost as good as it was with 05. If you tend to take a few steps back from the table and loop with spin, Tenergy 64 is probably the rubber for you. If you tend to stay close, I would rather choose Tenergy 05 for spinny loops, or Boost TP for re-looping.



2 comments:

ezad said...

ini saiko ni.....;)

Busro said...

berkata benor wpun pahit hahahhahaaaa

Post a Comment